Code of conduct
e-Rum 2020 organizers are committed to creating a safe and professional environment where diversity and inclusion are valued, and where everyone is treated with courtesy and respect no matter what their age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, nationality or religion (or lack thereof) are. We treasure diversity as we believe everyone’s uniqueness adds value to our community. eRum sessions, workshops, and all associated activities should be productive and enjoyable for everyone. Therefore, we will not tolerate harassment. Please follow these guidelines:
1. Behave professionally. Be considerate in speech and actions, and actively seek to acknowledge and respect the boundaries of fellow attendees. Harassment and sexist, racist, or exclusionary comments or jokes are not appropriate. Harassment includes sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate contacts, sexual attention or innuendo, deliberate intimidation, stalking, and photography or recording of an individual without consent. It also includes offensive comments related to individual characteristics such as age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, nationality or religion (or lack thereof).
2. All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience, including people of many different backgrounds. Sexual or sexist language and imagery are not appropriate.
3. Be respectful and do not insult or put down other attendees or facilitators of the event. Critique ideas, not people.
4. Should a participant witness events of bullying, harassment or aggression, we recommend that they approach the affected person to show support and check how they are. The witness may also wish to suggest that the person reports the inappropriate behavior (or, depending on circumstances, decide to report it directly).
5. If asked to stop inappropriate behavior participants are expected to comply immediately and, in serious cases, may beexpelled from the event. eRum organizers will not tolerate retaliation against anyone reporting violations of this code of conduct.
eRum2020 has two members who are designated as the reference contacts for all matters related to this code. Participants can report any violation of these guidelines to these designates in confidence.